Tuesday, November 13, 2012

NYX Eye Shadow Trio Review

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

I hope you all are having a nice day! I am really looking forward to getting into a routine of posting on my blog. It's super exciting for a newbie like me! So for my blog post today I have a makeup review, yay! Today I will be reviewing the NYX Eye Shadow Trio. The color I have is Aloha/Mink Brown/Deep Bronze. Now, lets get into the review!

So let talk about packaging. I love the packaging of this
trio. I think the packaging looks super sleek! In these pictures
the packaging looks super dirty, but trust me, in person
it is not that bad! I think that flash from my camera is what
is picking up all that messiness. Now, I am not gonna lie, 
fingerprints show up on this packaging in person, but I do not 
really mind that, so it is fine to me.

So, here is what you see when you open it up. Talk about pretty! Again,
I think it is the flash picking up the messiness. On the left you have Aloha,
middle is Mink Brown, and the right is Deep Bronze. On the eye lid
Aloha and Mink Brown look exactly the same. At least I can't tell the
difference, maybe someone else can.These shadows are really
soft and do not come off chalky at all. They are pretty 
pigmented but I do wish they were slightly more pigmented so
that you could tell the difference between Aloha and Mink Brown.

Here is just a closer look at the shadows. Top is Aloha, middle
is Mink Brown, and bottom is Deep Bronze.

And here are the swatches! The top is no base, and the bottom
has a base. You can't really tell the difference between the 
base and no base swatches, but you can kind of see it 
with Mink Brown, which is the middle swatch. As you can see, 
Aloha does not swatch very well, poo. But it does apply quite
nicely on the lid. 

Overall, I would definitely recommend this trio to everyone! I only own one of the trios, but there are tons of them out there! There are trios for everyone-brights, nudes, neutrals, all kinds! I am looking forward to getting my hands on some more of these trios so that I can review them for you guys! If you have any requests just let me know! I will hopefully be back again tomorrow with another review! 
Have a super wonderful rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment