Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ulta Automatic Eyeliner Review!

Hello!

Today I have a review on Ulta's Automatic Eyeliner. I have three of them and they are a black (Black), a silver (Starlet), and a gold (Golden Eyes). I got these when Ulta was having a sale where all Ulta brand cosmetics were under 6$ and these were I think 1$ each.

     
So here is what the packaging looks like, standard eyeliner packaging.
The color on the outside represents the color of the actual liner.

 
Here is the actual product. Black. 

 And here is the actual swatch! Sorry this picture is not super clear
my camera was acting silly. Anyway, the top swatch is
many strokes and the bottom is just one stroke. So you can
see that this eyeliner is very pigmented and has great color
payoff. This liner is very soft and creamy. I use it on my tight
line before I apply mascara and it is very black. Love!
Starlet.

 Here's the swatch of Starlet. The left swatch is one stroke,
the right swatch is multiple strokes. This liner does not have
the same color pay off as the black one, but it is definitely 
build able. I found that this liner is dry compared to other liners
I have, which makes it difficult to use as a liner or a base 
for eye shadow.

Golden Eyes

Golden eyes has much better pigmentation than Starlet, as
you can see from the swatch. Left swatch is one stroke, right is many. 
This liner is much softer and creamier than Starlet. It is very
much similar to Black, but I think black is a bit smoother. This
one would work well as a base, I think. 

Here are all the swatches side by side. 

I would say the black and gold are for sure worth trying, the silver not so much. Maybe I just got a bad one but maybe not. The black works really great on the tight line of the eye, I do not wear liner anywhere else so I couldn't say how well it works for that. The gold would work nicely as a base but I haven't tried it so I am not sure. 

Please let me know if you have any requests or questions in the comments and have a wonderful day!
♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment