Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Revlon Lip Butter Review!

Hi Everyone! 
Today I will be reviewing a Revlon Lip Butter. The one that I have is in the color creme' brulee. I have been dying to try the lip butters and I must say, at least the one that I have, they ARE worth the hype!


So here is the packaging, it is really a cute quilted/foggy looking
package. Very girly. The color of the packaging depends on
the color of the product inside.
So when you take the top off, you get the product. I must say
I really do like the shape of the actual product. I think this shape 
applies product better than the tapered/triangle shape of other lip
products.

And here is the color. The color is a tan/nude color. When applied it 
does not give the nude effect alone, I could see this being really pretty
if you had "erased" your lips with foundation prior to application.
So, you can see there are some little glittery pieces in the product.
Those do not show up on the lips, maybe if you were in direct light,
kind of similar to the flash of a camera, but i doubt you'd see it. This
gives a kind of frost/champagney color to the lips. It sounds kind of
strange, but it is really a beautiful color.

So here are two swatches of the lip butter. The top swatch is
where I tried to build the product up to get a more opaque color, 
and the bottom is one swipe swatch. As you can see it *kind of* can
build up, but I do not think it really changes the color so much as the 
shimmery/reflective quality it has.

My overall opinion? I would say try it. Revlon sells this product in many different colors. If this type of color doesn't work for you, try one of the other ones! This product glides on the lips like butter (haha) and does not feel drying. I love mine and when I run out it is a definite repurchase!

Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment