Monday, November 19, 2012

Bath And Body Works Haul!

Hello again!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I went shopping on Saturday and yesterday we put up the Christmas Tree! We have not decorated it yet, but it is up and it is so festive! I love the Christmas season, the decorations are beautiful, the songs are wonderful, and everyone is just so jolly...haha! I always feel the need to clean when it gets close to the holidays, I think it is because my mom always made me clean my room before Christmas so Santa could come. Although now that I think about it, I do not really see how it is related...oh well. At least now I have a good habit! Anyways, the reason I brought up the cleaning thing was because yesterday I also gave my room a good cleaning. It is totally clean and fresh now and I am racking my brain trying to figure out how to move around my furniture, I need a change! Okay, enough of my rambling! Onto the haul!

So like I said, I went shopping on Saturday and I picked up a few things from Bath and Body Works. I love shopping there because they always have such good sales and the scents are just luscious! I got a bunch of little goodies and only spent around 35 bucks, fine by me! 

 So here is just a picture of everything I bought, love it!

So the first thing that I got was a sale of 3 for 10$, like they always
have for the mini sizes of sprays, lotions, and body wash. So I got one of each: body spray,
body lotion, and body wash. The scent I picked out was Winter Candy
Apple. I must say, this scent is just absolutely heavenly! You can pick up
on the notes of apple, but it is not an overpowering apple scent, its got other
notes in it as well. It just smells wintery. According to bath and body works, Winter
Candy Apple is a "sweet blend of crisp apple, candied orange, and rich 
cinnamon spice". I do not really pick up on the rich cinnamon spice, but I do 
pick up slightly on the candied orange.

The next thing I picked up was on sale 2 for 5$. I picked up 2 mini candles.
I love these candles because even though are are quite tiny, they
burn for longer than you would think. So the first scent I picked up is Frosted 
Gingerbread. This has a very warm feel to it when you smell it. It is kind
of hard for me to explain this one, but I do pick up on a gingery scent. When I 
smell this I instantly think Christmas. According to BBW Frosted Gingerbread 
is "a warm baked blend of spicy ginger, rich butter cream and brown sugar
topping with whipped vanilla frosting". I do pick up on the butter cream
notes now that I know it is in there, haha!  
 The other mini candle I picked up is Winter. Winter just smells like when
you go outside in the winter. I feel like I am at a Christmas Tree farm, it smells
just like a pine tree! I feel like I smell some kind of musk in it too,
but I am not sure. BBW describes Winter as "notes of pine needles, fir balsam,
and winter woods". Okay, no muskiness in there, but the pine was right!
Yay for me, haha!

 So my fall wallflower bulb thing is almost out, like seriously I can
barely even see any of the juice left! So I picked up a wallflower refill.
The scent I picked up is my absolute favorite scent for the holidays,
Vanilla Bean Noel! I already have the spray and the lotion in this scent
and I am always spraying my room with my body spray, so I decided I
should go ahead and get the wallflower bulb! This scent smells very
vanilla-y and there is another scent under the vanilla that is maybe
caramel-y? I am not sure, so lets go to BBW to see what they say and
see if I am right! BBW says Vanilla Bean Noel is "A delicious medley
of fresh vanilla bean, warm caramel and rich, comforting cream". Yay
I was right about the caramel! Surprising because I am not actually
the best at describing scents...surprise surprise, right? Nah.

So I picked up my first scentportable. I have not put it in my car
yet, I am waiting until after Thanksgiving because the scent for it is a Christmas
scent and I have not started the Christmas scents yet, haha! So I just got 
plain black so I could use it all year round. BBW was having a sale
on these also, buy 3 get one free. So I picked up a scentportable for my mom,
too.  

Here is the scent I picked out for my scent portable. It is Twisted 
Peppermint. It is not a warm smell at all, it is actually a cool smell. I do
not really remember how the candle smelled in the store because
you can not smell the scent through this refill thing. I do remember it
smelled just like peppermint and was a cool scent. I do not remember any
specifics though. BBW describes twisted peppermint as "a refreshing mix of 
spearmint and mandarin, layered with iced peppermint, vanilla extract and 
sugar musk". 
 My mom picked this one out for her, so cute! I don't have my
own picture of hers because she already has it in her car, so thanks BBW 
for letting me use your photo!
This is the scent my mom picked out, it is called 'Tis The Season.
I did not get to smell it, so I cannot give you my own
opinion, but according to BBW, 'Tis The Season "blends deep green pine,
rich red apples and a touch of golden cider". I am sure she likes it!

Wow, that was a lot of stuff, and a lot of me rambling! I will try to keep this short, since I already talked to much! I hoped this haul/review helped you out if you are planning on buying any of these products. As always, leave any requests in the comments and I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment